Pages

Portraits



I came back to the East Coast for a little mini-break from California so my daughter could see her grandparents.  I got the opportunity to take some candid portraits of my nephew and niece this past weekend.  They were troopers for it all, and I got just over 200 pictures!  I tend to go click happy sometimes, but it was so worth it.  I have so many great shots of them.



I love the above photo.  I wanted to capture him looking up at the camera while sitting from above him.  And this was the pose he gave me, and it was just such a fun shot to capture.  I enjoyed getting this one the most.



In this next above photo, he thought he needed to be super close to the lens in order for me to take a photo.  He kept telling me to wait for him to get closer before I took his picture.  Course I was clicking away as he inched closer little by little.



In the above photo, it is my daughter and niece.  Due to the lens and settings I was using, my niece is not entirely in focus, but I still love how this photo came out.  She almost has this angelic glow that is so fitting for her.  But below is a better photo of the two of them.  My brother had made some cole slaw from a different recipe and these girls just loved it.  My poor niece was waiting so patiently for my daughter to share some, just sitting there with her mouth open.  So I snapped away while someone was running inside for a cup just for my niece.  They went through 3 cups in just a few minutes and that was my daughters second round of 3 cups.  Too funny.


And some more of my niece looking just adorable and doll like.





6 comments:

Beth said...

Those are beautiful! You got talent, girl. And what cuties too.

Robin@creations-anew.com said...

These are wonderful!!!!! Nice Work :)
RObin

MonsterBug Blankets said...

Kristin, OH MY! These are GORGEOUS!!!!! You did an awesome job! I especially love that you just snapped while they were doing things--just normal kid stuff--those are the memories I love to hold onto--rather than sitting, posed, stiff, trying to get some weird smile. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE these! Your work is amazing!

Tali Schiffer said...

cute photos! you had beautiful subjects to work with ;)

nikid said...

Too cute! Love the upside down one!!

readingsully2 said...

Great portraits and both children are just beautiful....:)

Post a Comment