Pages

You will be missed Poppy

Yesterday afternoon, 3 days after his 81st birthday, my grandfather passed away.  He was an amazing person and a superb grandfather.  I loved him terribly so and will miss him beyond words can express.  Unfortunately, I will not be able to fly home to NJ for the services.  I currently have tickets to head there for mid-April, but to change or buy new tickets it would cost 2000-3000 dollars (for 2 tickets) and that was with the bereavement prices.  And that is just not going to happen.

I know he would understand and that gives me comfort.  The world is a little less beautiful without him. I didn't get to say goodbye, but I will just do it in my own way privately (and I guess a little with this blog post).

4 comments:

pat said...

i am so sorry for your loss & the helplessness you probably feel about not being able to go there. hopefully posting does lighten the heart just a little, i know it does for me sometimes. it's so terribly hard to lose a special one like a grandpa. my heart & my warm thoughts are with you. pat

readingsully2 said...

It is so nice that you love your grandfather so much and that he meant so much to you in your life. I think he would understand too. I am sorry for your loss. This is a wonderful tribute to him and just reading this brought tears to my eyes.

JrzyGirlPhotography said...

Thank you to both of you. Its been a rough week, and can't believe a week has passed already.

Nicole's Homemade Treats...The Blog said...

I never saw this post. ((HUGS)) to you and your family. All my best.

Post a Comment